Re: [linux-usb] Is UAC1 (USB Audio Class 1.0) broken?

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 05:52:55PM +0800, Xuebing Wang wrote:
> Hi Community, Felipe,
>
> I am trying to get UAC1 working on Freescale i.MX6SL EVK board (as USB
> peripheral device), which is based on kernel 3.10.17.

v3.10 ? Unless you test on something more recent (like v3.16 or
v3.17-rc1) you're on your own. How about asking for support from whoever
gave you this kernel ?

> In order to get UAC1 working with my Ubuntu 12.04 LTS host, I have to make a
> few changes to driver/usb/gadget/f_uac1.c

what changes ? care to send a patch ? Why do you need such change ? Are
you fixing a bug ?

> I check Mr. Torvald's master branch, some kernel stable branches, something
> similar to my change to f_uac1.c is not there.
>
> Then, I did some more basic testing, and found:
> 1) Windows 7 can not detect. Still need more work to get Windows 7 detected.
> 2) MacOS (forgot exact version) complains 'The selected device has no output
> controls', which results in that I can not adjust volume. Music playback via
> UAC1 on MacOS is no problem.
>
> Anybody tried UAC1 (or UAC2) recently? Is UAC1 broken?

it has been a while since I messed with UAC1, but I remember using it
early during dwc3 isochronous development as a testing ground. At it
transferred data just fine. I just care for volume controls however.

Try a newer kernel on your board otherwise community can't help
supporting vendor kernels.

--
balbi