Re: UAS errors with Jmicron

On Tue, 29 Jul 2014, Laszlo T. wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I ran some commands and recorded them:
> -checking with cfdisk
> -mounting the ntfs partition
> -some reading on it
> -unmounting
> -and the unsuccessful ext4 filesystem creating
>
> http://pastebin.com/xmKnwPF5

Hans, after looking at this usbmon trace I have to wonder: Why on earth
does uas submit so many URBs for the status endpoint?  Why not use just
a small pool of URBs, and resubmit each one as it completes?

Laszlo, it's clear from the trace where the problem first occurs.  The
device stops responding in the middle of the first WRITE command.

Maybe, as Oliver guessed, it doesn't like to receive a lot of commands
all at once.  Or maybe something went wrong during the write.  Oliver's
test patch should help determine what happened.

Alan Stern