Re: Jetson TK1 USB support?

>> The following wiki page indicates that USB3 is not working on the Jetson TK1:
>>
>> http://elinux.org/Tegra/Boards/NVIDIA_Jetson_TK1
>>
>> Does that mean USB is not working at all or should USB2 work?
>
> USB-2 won't work if the board includes only a USB-3 controller.

Actually this thread seems to indicate there is an ehci controller on
the Jetson TK1 so that's good news:

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/752246/jetson-tk1-usb-webcam-logitech-c260-is-working-via-hub/

>>  I would
>> have thought USB2 would still work but I think I tried disabling
>> xhci_hcd and enabling ehci_hcd/ohci_hcd on my USB3 laptop and it
>> didn't work.
>
> What exactly do you mean when you say it didn't work?  Does your USB-3
> laptop contain any EHCI or OHCI controllers?

>From memory, my Dell XPS 13 laptop wasn't able to detect any devices
without xhci enabled.  It looks like it does have ehci controllers so
maybe something else was going on:

00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset
Family USB xHCI Host Controller (rev 04)
00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset
Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 (rev 04)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset
Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (rev 04)

- Grant