Re: Bugs in xhci-hcd isochronous support

On Sat, 3 May 2014, Russel Hughes wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     We tried downloading the latest kernel 3.15 and got this when
> applying the patch
>
> File to patch: ^C
> :~/linux kernel/usb-3.15.orig$ patch -p1 < patch.dif
> patching file drivers/usb/host/xhci-ring.c
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 3153.
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 3164.
> Hunk #3 FAILED at 3406.
> Hunk #4 FAILED at 3545.
> Hunk #5 FAILED at 3662.
> Hunk #6 FAILED at 3742.
> Hunk #7 FAILED at 3756.
> Hunk #8 FAILED at 3765.
> Hunk #9 FAILED at 3826.
> Hunk #10 FAILED at 3895.
> Hunk #11 FAILED at 3935.
> Hunk #12 FAILED at 3958.
> Hunk #13 FAILED at 3982.
> 13 out of 13 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file
> drivers/usb/host/xhci-ring.c.rej
> patching file drivers/usb/host/xhci.h
> Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
>
> I was told that the lines in the source file were not in the place
> that they were expected, are we using the right kernel? Thanks in
> advance!

The patch was made against 3.15-rc2, which is no longer the latest
kernel version.

However, the nature of those error messages suggests that the patch
file you tried to apply was messed up somehow, probably by your email
client.  You can get the unmodified original here:

	http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=139906101630351&q=raw

Alan Stern