Re: problem with resume after s2ram

On Tue, 29 Apr 2014, Peter Münster wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 28 2014, Alan Stern wrote:
>
> > That's interesting.  Here's another test you should try with that same
> > kernel.  Start moving the mouse before you wake up the system, and keep
> > moving it until the system has fully resumed.  When you do this, does
> > it work right?  That is, when the screen turns back on, do you see the
> > mouse cursor moving around?
>
> Yes, it works.
>

> > Below is the next patch in the series, diag6.  This adds back more
> > material that was removeed in diag5.  My guess is that this one will
> > cause your system to crash during resume.
>
> No, it does not crash. Please find attached the log. There are 2
> s2ram-wakeup cycles, first wakeup with keyboard and second with
> power-button. During both wakeups I've moved the mouse.

Ha!  I guess that shows I still don't understand what's going on.

It's noticeable that your logs include resets of the affected devices,
whereas the older kernels did not need any resets.  This suggests that
these OHCI controllers will always have problems with global suspend,
and therefore a controller-specific fix is needed.

Can you post the output from "lspci -v -s 12.1" and "lspci -v -n -s
12.1"?

Alan Stern