Re: what code calls the gadget composite driver's setup method?

On Sun, 27 Apr 2014, Larry Martin wrote:

> Alan is right, the code I wanted is in gadget/omap_udc.c.  How/where is
> that code linked?
>
> I put in some printks and do not get the output.  My new printk strings
> are not in g_printer.ko, but other strings from composite.c and
> printer.c are there.  Grep does not hit "omap-udc" in my kernel, so I
> don't think it's compiled in.  But my new printk strings are not in any
> gadget folder .ko.  I looked at other things too but hopefully that
> makes my case.
>
> Can someone who knows this code tell me how to get my changes to
> omap-udc.c into an executable?  A pointer to a document would be great.

This depends on your kernel configuration.  See which drivers are
enabled in the "USB Peripheral Controller" section of your .config
file, and whether or not they are configured as modules.

It's possible that some of the modules you want to change get loaded
from an initramfs image during booting.

Alan Stern