Re: XHCI ERROR: Transfer error on endpoint

On 03/27/2014 12:31 PM, Keerthy V wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to send data to a USB device connected to a USB3.0 port over a USB bulk end point using libusb APIs . It is failing failed with error ERROR_IO.

The same device and the test program works fine on a USB2.0 port.

After enabling the XHCI debug options, I found that I am getting the following errors:
"Endpoint xxx not halted, refusing to reset Transfer error on endpoint"

I have tested in following kernel :
3.13.7
3.11.0-18

Both gave the same results. The test has been performed on USB 3.0 host controller.

Can you please let me know the root cause and possible solutions?

Attached is the debug log.

Hi

xhci currently refuses to reset non-halted endpoints. Turns out that in some cases reset endpoint is used as a "soft reset" for non halted endpoint and we should do a configure-endpoint instead. I'll start working on that once other work is completed

But in your case the error this message is probably just a symptom of some other cause.

Without the actual debug log (please remember to attach) it's difficult to say anything. A really wild guess is that it might be Powermanagement related (USB3 LPM) but that is just because we've seen other IO error issues where we suspect LPM.

-Mathias