Re: MAX3421E: device giving NAKs forever?

Alan,

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 9:34 AM, Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Now, I'm not saying what the device did was correct.  According to
> section 6.6.1 of the Bulk-Only Transport Mass Storage spec, when the
> device expects a CBW packet but gets something else, it is supposed to
> accept the packet (ACK, not NAK), stall the bulk-IN endpoint, and
> either stall or accept and discard all further bulk-OUT data.

Ah, now that's interesting.  I tried like half a dozen mass storage
devices, not one of them STALLed.
It'd have been so much easier to find this problem if I had gotten a
STALL for the corrupted OUT.

  --david
--
eGauge Systems LLC, http://egauge.net/, 1.877-EGAUGE1, fax 720.545.9768