Re: USB 3380 using net2280 driver

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 07:55:13AM -0800, Kevin Cernekee wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 7:12 AM, Felipe Balbi <balbi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 04:43:11PM -0800, Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
> >> I was looking at the changes for net2280.c and saw your name come up in
> >> a few of the more recent changes. I wanted to know, are you aware of
> >> support for PLXs USB 338o using this net2280 driver?
> >
> > no, those are two completely different controllers. Linux doesn't
> > support USB 3380 as of today.
>
> It might be possible to use this code as a starting point:
>
> http://patchwork.openwrt.org/patch/2889/

Thanks. Yes, I had found that patch sometime back. It actually
originates from the linux driver provided by PLX (search for Linux SDK):

http://www.plxtech.com/products/usbcontrollers/usb3380

The driver provided by PLX has quite a bit of changes to other files in
the gadget directory as well.

So I had thought if net2280 was similar enough to usb3380, that it can
be modified to support the basic functionality of usb3380. But based on
the responses, it looks like it is a completely different architecture.