RE: xhci and other woes

From: renevant@xxxxxxxxxxxx.
> Hello guys,
>
> At this point it just looks like I have 2 problems:
>
> 1> The AX88179 won't initialize and operate properly when connected via the
> Asmedia 1042 (at least on my ASUS AMD 990FX based system) this appears to go
> back to at least kernel version 3.11.0 this issue. Perhaps this is BIOS
> version related. This is an obvious issue being experienced even by David and
> others who have reported it on the list.

You definitely need the patch that reverts readq and writeq back to use
two 32bit accesses for the ASMedia controller to work at all.

I'm also seeing a lot of 'odd' messages when the ax88179 card in plugged in
(and it sometimes gets picked up at 480M).
I'm not looking into those.

But there are also further issues I'm about to look at.
Short 'ping' requests work, but a 'netperf' tcp rr test with 8k blocks
(which probably generates sg transmits) fails generating some
'TRB DMA ptr not part of current TD' errors.
I think I've seem that when a 'TRB error' is reported (when I was using the
wrong type of NOP). I'm about to investigate what is being errored here.

> 2> The VIA VL800 is currently problematic under Linux with my system. It's not
> just an issue with the XHCI driver in Linux as VFIO also can't handle it and
> throws up a bunch of page faults just booting before the XHCI module is ever
> loaded, whereas the Asmedia 1042 can be passed through to guests without this
> issue.

Dunno ...

	David