[XHCI] commit ec513b1 from Linus triggers ASMedia quirk

Hi Sarah and David.  I'm back with more ASMedia problems caused by this:

commit ec513b16c480c6cdda1e3d597e611eafca05227b
Merge: bcee634 2fc5a7d
Author: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Mon Jan 20 16:13:02 2014 -0800

    Merge tag 'usb-3.14-rc1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/usb

    Pull USB updates from Greg KH:
     "Here's the big USB pull request for 3.14-rc1

      Lots of little things all over the place, and the usual USB gadget
      updates, and XHCI fixes (some for an issue reported by a lot of
      people).  USB PHY updates as well as chipidea updates and fixes.

I've run the latest from linus.git on a different usb3 adapter (the NEC you
know about from another thread) and it works just fine, so this appears to
be yet another ASMedia quirk, but the symptoms are different this time.

When booting this kernel (version mentioned above) the ASMedia adapter is
recognized by the kernel, but the external disk in my USB3 disk docking
station is not discovered or recognized in any way.

I'm attaching selected parts of the dmesg for your puzzlement.  If you need
more info please let me know.

The striking thing about the dmesg is the absence of xhci debugging output.
This kernel has usb verbose bugging enabled, but xhci has almost nothing to
say.  That seems very suspicious to me.

--
I'm ready to douse the ASMedia card with gasoline and set it ablaze :) but
if you for some strange reason want to debug this problem I'm available.