Re: RocketU 1144B 1144BM 2-ports detected instead of 4-ports

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 02:29:53PM -0800, nubjub wrote:
> The precise meaning of dead would be: Absolutely nothing is logged when
> I plug a device into one of the other two ports. But for instance I have
> a bus powered usb sound card that has an led indicating it's on, that
> led illuminates. I also have a usb dvd drive which has an led that
> illuminates if it negotiates usb2.0 speed; this led does NOT illuminate.
>
> I will build a 3.13 kernel tomorrow. Let me know if the following logs
> are what you're looking for on the new kernel: if I've missed anything
> or included any crap you don't want.

Close, can you provide the full boot log after the pci device is
created?  Or was this it?

It shows 2 XHCI controllers in the system, perhaps one of them isn't
working for the "failure"?

Also, just the output of 'lspci' (no -v option), and 'lsusb' (again, no
'-v') will be fine to start with.

thanks,

greg k-h