Re: xhci ASMedia lockups - a theory and a patch

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 10:00:40AM +0000, David Laight wrote:
> From: Sarah Sharp [
> > On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 10:21:11AM +0000, David Laight wrote:
> > > From: David Laight
> > >
> > > I've had some feedback (in a private email) that the patch helps.
> > > This was using the ASMedia controller with the asx88179_178a
> > > ethernet device.
> >
> > David, please post the contents of that private email to the list and Cc
> > me.  We don't debug in private in the kernel.
>
> I'm not sure I should copy private emails to the list without
> permission of the person who wrote them.

Then please get their permission to repost it.  As is, I only have
Walt's report that your second patch doesn't help his ASMedia host.
Unless I get a report that your second patch actually fixes a bug, I
can't mark it for stable in good faith.

Sarah Sharp