Re: EHCI host broken -- interrupts disabled

On Thu, 16 Jan 2014, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:

> I think dev->irq is supposed to be valid after pci_enable_device(), so
> it seems like it would make sense to clear PCI_COMMAND_INTX_DISABLE
> there.

Okay.

> I don't know why a BIOS would leave PCI_COMMAND_INTX_DISABLE set for
> the EHCI device.  Does it support MSI, and the BIOS assumes the OS
> should use that?  I don't see any MSI support in the EHCI code.  In

As far as I know, there aren't any EHCI designs that use MSI.  And
there is no particular reason why a BIOS would leave INTX_DISABLE set,
although come to think of it, there doesn't seem to be any reason why a
BIOS should leave that bit clear either.

> any case, this doesn't seem like something we need to depend on the
> BIOS to do for us.

Could you post a patch for Gaggery or Jamie to try out?

Alan Stern