Re: xhci-hcd (millions of) "Too many fragments" error on LUKS-encrypted device

Hi Sascha,

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 08:27:58PM +0800, Sascha Weaver wrote:
> 2014/1/15 David Laight <David.Laight@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Edit drivers/usb/host/xhci.h and change the definition of
> > TRBS_PER_SEGMENT from 64 to 256.
>

> Thanks David! I re-compiled my kernel after changing 64 to 256 and it works!
>
> No more errors are produced!

I cannot reproduce the issue, just finished my weekly backup
to LUKS USB3 disk with unpatched linux-3.12.7.  It seems the
patches are awaiting feedback before the can go to stable,
since you seem to be able to reproduce it easily it would be
cool if you could test.  Maybe test with the first patch
only to see if it fixes the endless error loop, then confirm
the second patch fixes the error.

Thanks,
Johannes