Re: Frequent errors with OverlayFS on root

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 11:24 AM Mauro Condarelli <mc5686@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> FYI: using OverlayFS this way and for this use-case was suggested
> by SWUpdate maintainer (Stefano Babic) so I guess there are other
> people relying on "correct" behavior around the world .

So my opinion is that this use case (modifying or even completely
swapping out the lower layer while it is not mounted) should work
perfectly fine with a "plain" configuration.

Doing this with redirect_dir, metacopy or index does sound somewhat
scary and some of that obviously won't even work because of the broken
origins.

Thanks,
Miklos