Re: unionmount testsuite with upper virtiofs

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 03:36:44PM +0200, Amir Goldstein wrote:
> > > I also wanted to run either overlay xfstests or unionmount-testsuite. But
> > > none of these seem to give me enough flexibility where I can specify
> > > that overlayfs needs to be mounted on top of virtiofs.
> > >
> > > I feel that atleast for unionmount-testsuite, there should be an
> > > option where we can simply give a target directory and tests run
> > > on that directory and user mounts that directory as needed.
> > >

> > Need to see how patches look.
> > Don't want too much configuration complexity, but I agree that some
> > flexibly is needed.
> > Maybe the provided target directory should be the upper/work basedir?
> >

> Vivek,
>
> I was going to see what's the best way to add the needed flexibility,
> but then I realized I had already implemented this undocumented
> feature.
>
> I have been using this to test overlay over XFS as documented here:
> https://github.com/amir73il/overlayfs/wiki/Overlayfs-testing#Setup_overlayfs_mount_over_XFS_with_reflink_support
>
> That's an example of how to configure a custom /base mount for
> --samefs to be xfs.

Hi Amir,

This seems to work for me. Thanks for the idea.

I put following entries in /etc/fstab.

myfs	/mnt/virtiofs-lower_layer	virtiofs	defaults 0 0
/mnt/virtiofs-lower_layer	/base	none	bind 0 0

After that tests seem to start but soon I hit failures. Now its time
to debug the failures one at a time.

Vivek