Question about CAP_SYS_RESOURCES in overlayfs

Hi All,

Now, we have a problem when we use "docker + overlayfs + ext4 project quota".
The project quota limit were set for each container's overlay dirs on one
basic ext4 filesystem, but part of them are privilege containers which have
CAP_SYS_RESOURCE and may want to exceed it's quota limit to use the reserved
space. But we can't because overlayfs drops CAP_SYS_RESOURCES from saved
credentials and don't allow to use the reserved space in basic ext4 filesystem
even it is a privileged process.

I notice that this point have been already discussed in (51f8f3c4e "ovl: drop
CAP_SYS_RESOURCE from saved mounter's credentials") [1] and it works well
at that time. But I still want to ask again is it better to inherit caller's
CAP_SYS_RESOURCES let privileged to use reserved space (keep basic filesystem's
ability) now ? If so, I can post a patch to cover this; If not, we should avoid
setting quota limit for privilege containers.

[1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9508297/

Thanks,
Yi.