Re: Kernelshark: funcgraph_exit events don't seem to exit?

Hi Matteo,
Thanks for reporting this issue!

I understand what you would like to see being visualized, but unfortunately this is different from the implemented generic logic of the visualization model that changes the color at the place of the first event that belongs to the new task. Note that this generic logic is expected to provide adequate visualization for all types of events, while the behavior that you would like to see makes sense only for very specific events.

However, what you want is actually very easy to achieve. You just have to write a kernelshark plugin for funcgraph_exit events. If you are interested in contributing such plugin to kernelshark, I can send you instructions what has to be done. It will be really trivial work.

cheers,
Yordan