Re: [RFC v1 1/2] libtracefs: Use explicit libtraceevent include path

On Thu, Jul 07, 2022 at 09:47:52AM -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> On Thu,  7 Jul 2022 14:15:41 +0200
> Daniel Wagner <dwagner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > The libtraceevent pkg-config generated by meson is not adding the
> > subdirectory to the CLFAGS. This is generally a good idea in order to
> > avoid any file name collisions. Hence use explicit include paths for
> > libtraceevent.
>
> Is there a way to fix this. Honestly, I hate the libtraceevent name (should
> at least be traceevent), and I have been thinking of changing it.

I suppose we can change pkg-config so that the complete path is
included, with the downside that file name collisions are more likely to
happen. E.g. the kbuffer.h is very a generic name.

In libnvme/nvme-cli we had some troubles consuming libuuid because of
inconsistent use of include paths. As far I can tell we just need to
state what the correct includes paths are.

> If we do not have pkg-config working and everything needs to add explicit
> include paths, then I'll never be able to change it, or even just get rid
> of the subdirectory.

I am not really expert how to structure the include paths. As said, I
think the most important bit is that we use it consistent. Let me try to
add the include path to pkg-config.