Re: [RFC v1] libtraceevent: Add initial support for meson

On Thu,  7 Jul 2022 14:14:40 +0200
Daniel Wagner <dwagner@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> The rest should work as expected. The only thing I was not really
> clear what the purpose is the libtraceevent-dynamic-list which seems
> not be used or installed. The meson build will also generate the file
> but using the host nm and not the cross tool chain if any is used. I
> didn't want to invest too much time figuring out this detail if it is
> actually not used.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for doing this. Hopefully I'll get some time to try it out.

Anyway, as for the libtraceevent-dynamic-list, it was brought over from the
kernel tools/lib directory. I guess it is needed for the plugins to work
properly, although I have not had issues with it.

But if you want to know more, see commit e3d09ec8126fe ("tools lib
traceevent: Export dynamic symbols used by traceevent plugins") in the
Linux kernel source.

-- Steve