Re: how to continuously capture events

Hi,

> I'm trying to continuously capture certain kernel events, convert them
> to a different format and then write them to a file.

You might also want to have a look at LTTng and LTTng-modules depending on your
final use case. [1][2]

LTTng produce CTF traces [3] that can then be read/converted/manipulated with Babeltrace [4].

[1] https://lttng.org/
[2] https://lttng.org/docs/v2.12/#doc-tracing-the-linux-kernel
[3] https://diamon.org/ctf/
[4] https://babeltrace.org/