Re: Wrong Perf Backtraces

Hi, surely I did that. I thought that there may exist a more systematic way which avoids my perf crashes.
Regards.

On 2020-03-31 14:00, Jiri Olsa wrote:

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 09:13:28AM +0430, ahmadkhorrami wrote:

Hi,
I checked the reported address in libgtk. GDB could map it to the source files. Also, once, I read at Stackoverflow that perf gives up on printing the backtrace (truncates the output backtrace), whenever it detects a binary
file without debug info. Could you describe more about this situation?
And dear Mr. Olsa, if these cases do not occur on your system, could you tell me how you installed the debug info for the binaries on your system,
please?

google: 'how to install debuginfo on <whatever distro you run on>'

jirka