Re: Wrong Perf Backtraces

Hi,
I checked the reported address in libgtk. GDB could map it to the source files. Also, once, I read at Stackoverflow that perf gives up on printing the backtrace (truncates the output backtrace), whenever it detects a binary file without debug info. Could you describe more about this situation? And dear Mr. Olsa, if these cases do not occur on your system, could you tell me how you installed the debug info for the binaries on your system, please?
Regards.

On 2020-03-30 23:35, ahmadkhorrami wrote:

Hi,
Sorry, I did not pay attention to the fact that we need debug info to be able to decode the callchain. So, without complete debug info the backtrace (either the symbols or the addresses) is bogus. But you say that the backtrace portions containing binaries with full debug info are OK. Am I right? Please confirm if this is the case.
If so, these portions may be enough for my current usecase.
Regards.