Re: tracing at start and end for some trace events

On Wed, 14 May 2014 01:35:28 +0800
Yuyang Du <yuyang.du@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I appreciate your consideration. No argument. But if for the generality of
> this feature, it would be like giving entries in DEFINE_EVENT like: TP_START
> and TP_END, in which author can write any codes for the *general* health of the
> trace event. I would be the first user if allow me, and probably more users
> who also want this subconisciously.

If you are talking about simply calling some function when an event is
enabled and disabled, that already exists.

See TRACE_EVENT_FN().

The "reg" is called when the tracepoint is enabled, and the "unreg" is
called when it is disabled.

-- Steve