Re: How to dump trace buffer at boot stage

On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 14:14:44 +0800
wyang <w90p710@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I ran into a issue that the msleep(10) does not return promptly at boot
> stage, kernel would take amount of time to boot up. since I wanna trace
> timer at boot stage,
> so I enabled a trace event via command line such as
> "trace_event=timer:*", but unfortunately the kernel did not boot
> successfully, so is there any method to
> dump the trace event to console while kernel cannot boot up sucessfully?

Hi, I would have replied earlier, but I was traveling when you sent
this.

Can you modify the kernel? If so, you can add ftrace_dump(DUMP_ALL);
anywhere in the kernel. It will dump the ftrace buffer to console when
it is hit.

But this is a good reminder. I should add the function:dump filter
ability to the command line.

-- Steve