Re: Problem in loading a python plugin for trace-cmd tool

Hi,

> > I have written a plugin in python for parsing the tracing output of some
> > xhci events and i have placed it under the
> > lib/trace-cmd/plugins directory. When i do "trace-cmd report", the
> > plugin is loaded successfully, the corresponding .pyc file is created
> > under the lib/trace-cmd/plugins directory and the tracing output is
> > displayed as expected.

That does seem like the correct place, and since it works for you ... :)

> > However, when Sarah follows the same steps, the plugin is not loaded, no
> > .pyc file is created and the printed output is the default.

Sarah, it sounds like you might not have the python plugin installed. I
know of no distro, for example, that ships the python plugin today, so I
run into this issue a lot. Or, if you did, you probably didn't have
python-dev and/or swig installed when building (though I think if you
have python-dev but not swig it actually errors out, but when you don't
have python-dev it skips python.)

> > I do not remember to have changed anything in the trace-cmd source code
> > that i downloaded from your repo.

But you probably compiled and installed it, right?

johannes