Re: trace_printk() support in trace-cmd

On 11/16/2010 05:12 PM, Steven Rostedt wrote:

>  Hmm, I'll try it out on the latest kernel. Would you be able to upload
>  the trace.dat that does not work someplace that I can get it. I'd like
>  to take a look at it. If you don't have a place to put it, I could give
>  you access to my box, and you can scp it there.

Hmm, I still can not reproduce. But as a workaround, here's what you can
do for now. Instead of using trace_printk() use:

	__trace_printk(_THIS_IP_, "format", args);

This will force the snprintf into the buffer and skips the bprintk trick
to post process at read time.

I see a trace_printk() commit in trace-cmd.git. Is that related? If not, I'll work on getting a small sample of the problem.