Re: libtraceevent: make doc-install tries different file names than generated

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 20:35:20 +0800
Zamir SUN <sztsian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> I just tried compiling the document. IIUC with this patch, the man pages
> are generated. Most of them still have tep_ prefix. Not sure if this is
> intended so I'm posting the list of generated man page in gist as it's a
> bit long.
> https://gist.github.com/sztsian/442db46a48c1d1ec3500b161a1232a0a
>
> OTOH, I notice that a lot of generation tasks was executing during the
> doc-install phase. I'm really not familiar with man page compiling, so
> can you check if this is an intended way? I posted the doc-install log
> in the following link.
>
> https://gist.github.com/sztsian/6d1588272c07c7b2c3bed14a049b7df2

Bah, I'm not sure how the documentation build system here works. Ideally,
we want to make sure that "man tep_.." works, and people don't need to
state "man libtraceevent_...", as the tep_* commands are what will be used.

Let me investigate this.

Thanks!

-- Steve