Re: [RFC 2/2] dt-bindings: firmware: tegra186-bpmp: Document interconnects property

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 10:27:00PM +0300, Dmitry Osipenko wrote:
> 27.01.2020 15:21, Thierry Reding пишет:
> > [...]
> >>
> >> The node ID should be mandatory in terms of interconnect, even if it's a
> >> single node. EMC (provider) != EMEM (endpoint).
> >
> > I don't understand why. An ID only makes sense if you've got multiple
> > endpoints. For example, a regulator is a provider with a single endpoint
> > so we don't specify an ID.
>
> Because this is how ICC binding is defined, unless I'm missing something.

I don't think so. It's defined as "pairs of phandles and interconnect
provider specifiers", which is equivalent to what pretty much all of the
resource bindings define. The #interconnect-cells property defines the
number of cells used for the specifier. In the normal case this would be
1, and the value of the one cell would be the ID of the endpoint. But if
there's only a single endpoint, it's customary to set the number of
cells to 0, in which case only the phandle is required.

Thierry