Fbdev onTegra 4

All,

I am a developer for the LineageOS Android Project, mainly for the
Nvidia Shield devices, but more generally for all Tegra devices from
t114 up. I've been working on transitioning to using
android-mainline-tracking for roth (Shield Portable) and dalmore (11
inch developer tablet variant), but am having troubles with fbdev, it
won't display anything at all. Android recoveries use fbdev for
display. But fbdev has been broken on at least these devices, if not
all t114 since 4.0. I was in contact with Alexandre Corbout when he
was working on Linux for the Portable. He had to revert a commit [1]
to make fbdev work on kernel version 4.0, and never got around to
figuring out what the real problem was. Fbcon and grate both work as
expected, it's only fbdev with issues. Can anyone shed light on what
the issue might be and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Aaron Kling

[1] https://github.com/linux-shield/kernel/commit/27b6232fbd38419cde0f89ef37f9eead8fbb915b