Re: [Resend] SHIELD (tegra114-roth) Serial Console UART

On 02/14/2015 12:14 AM, Mikko Perttunen wrote:
On 02/14/2015 12:04 AM, Marcel Ziswiler wrote:

Hi there

Does by any chance anybody know how one can get a serial console UART
on SHIELD (tegra114-roth)? I know there is some kind of a debug
connector inside [1] similar to e.g. the one found on Cardhu albeit
not assembled of course but is that pinout standardized?

[1] https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/TTSTtfTvwlwWfbhR.huge

Cheers

Marcel

I remember the actual debug pads being on the bottom side of the board
on the right side of the SoC (i.e., right of the green rectangle on your
picture).

Actually, I am tired and confused about the orientation of things; but anyway on the bottom side, which makes access difficult.

 If you go that way, someone @nvidia.com can probably look up
the UART pads for you. However, another way (that I used briefly) is to
grab one of these:
http://store.r0ck.me/products/usd-breakout-board
and with some pinmux editing get a 3V3 serial port out of the microSD slot.

Cheers,
Mikko