Re: [Resend] SHIELD (tegra114-roth) Serial Console UART

On 02/14/2015 12:04 AM, Marcel Ziswiler wrote:

Hi there

Does by any chance anybody know how one can get a serial console UART on SHIELD (tegra114-roth)? I know there is some kind of a debug connector inside [1] similar to e.g. the one found on Cardhu albeit not assembled of course but is that pinout standardized?

[1] https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/TTSTtfTvwlwWfbhR.huge

Cheers

Marcel

I remember the actual debug pads being on the bottom side of the board on the right side of the SoC (i.e., right of the green rectangle on your picture). If you go that way, someone @nvidia.com can probably look up the UART pads for you. However, another way (that I used briefly) is to grab one of these:
http://store.r0ck.me/products/usd-breakout-board
and with some pinmux editing get a 3V3 serial port out of the microSD slot.

Cheers,
Mikko