Re: No HDMI output on AC100

Am Samstag, den 15.06.2013, 11:43 +0200 schrieb Thierry Reding:
> On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 11:37:46AM +0200, Thomas Meyer wrote:
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Yes, Xorg output would be good. Additionally, dmesg output might help.
> > > Don't forget to pass drm.debug=0xf on the kernel command-line.

> > btw. switching the mode with
> > $ xrandr  -d :0 --output HDMI-0 --mode 1680x1050
> >
> > makes the external monitor output the display correctly...
> >
> > also switching to the highest possible resolution works after the first
> > mode switch:
> > $ xrandr  -d :0 --output HDMI-0 --mode 1920x1080
>
> So perhaps the default configuration chosen at startup isn't one that
> tegra-drm can properly deal with. Can you provide the output of
>
> 	$ xrandr --query
>
> run immediately after booting (that is with the default configuration
> before you make it work by setting a 1680x1050 mode).

sorry, I wasn't able to get the infos. xrandr refused to connect to the
X server spawned by lightdm but I don't know why. Maybe some missing
Xauthority or something like that.

But I got these infos, after a fresh boot:

$ fbset -i

mode "1920x1080"
    geometry 1920 1080 1920 1080 32
    timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    accel true
    rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,0/0
endmode

Frame buffer device information:
    Name        :
    Address     : 0x1a100000
    Size        : 8294400
    Type        : PACKED PIXELS
    Visual      : TRUECOLOR
    XPanStep    : 1
    YPanStep    : 1
    YWrapStep   : 0
    LineLength  : 7680
    Accelerator : No

$ fbset -i -fb /dev/fb1

mode "1024x768"
    geometry 1024 768 1024 768 16
    timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    accel true
    rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/0
endmode

Frame buffer device information:
    Name        : udldrmfb
    Address     : 0xe0dbc000
    Size        : 1572864
    Type        : PACKED PIXELS
    Visual      : TRUECOLOR
    XPanStep    : 1
    YPanStep    : 1
    YWrapStep   : 0
    LineLength  : 2048
    Accelerator : No

When I add the boot option "video=HDMI-A-1:1680x1050" I get a working fb
console even while booting up. Later on I can start X manually and then
X switches to 1920x1080 and everything works okay.