Re: No HDMI output on AC100

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 08:27:00PM +0200, Thomas Meyer wrote:
> Am 12.06.2013 um 12:50 schrieb Thierry Reding <thierry.reding@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 10:52 AM, Thomas Meyer <thomas@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > [...]
> >> oops! I think everthing did always work correctly! But somehow Fedora 19
> >> fails to spawn a getty on the tty1/fb0 console... so I just did see a
> >> black screen :-)
> >
> > Just to confirm. This isn't a tegra-drm issue, but rather Fedora 19 not
> > spawning getty? Or is something in tegra-drm causing getty to fail? That
> > would be surprising, but I'm trying to figure out if I need to
> > investigate or not. =)
> >
> Hi,
>
> Please forget the getty thing as it was nonsense. The tegra hdmi driver seems to work, once it decides to output a signal. I was somehow able to trigger this the last time, but I don't know how to reproduce this.
>
> So when I boot with the hdmi monitor connected all I get is a blank screen with no backlight ( I'm talking about the external hdmi monitor here, not the LCD panel!)
>
> And some unknow thing (load of a module? Loading udl driver? Restarting getty?) seems to trigger that the tegra hdmi driver starts to output a valid hdmi signal and the external monitor shows the tegra hdmi framebuffer console.
>
> The ac100 is otherwise up and running and I can ssh into it.
>
> Any ideas?

Do you have the fbcon driver loaded? I think I've seen a similar issue
when that's not loaded, in which case DRM will turn off all outputs
because there's nothing to display. Alternatively you could try to run
an X server using the xf86-video-opentegra or xf86-video-modesetting
drivers. That should definitely get you output on HDMI.

Thierry