Re: PCIe MSI support

* Olof Johansson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 11:43 PM, Thierry Reding
> <thierry.reding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> > I've verified with a hardware engineer that the voltages indeed seem correct.
> > Even the PCIe reference clock can be measured at the mini-PCIe connectors. So
> > something must be going right.
>
> Ok, that's interesting. I haven't had a chance to give my harmony a
> spin with a pci-e card here lately, I'll try to give it a go as soon
> as I can but it'll be a few more days.

That'd be great. Perhaps it works fine for you and I'm just doing something
wrong.

[...]
> > I'm thinking about ordering a Trimslice to use for comparison. Has anyone
> > else verified that mainline has working PCIe for Trimslice? I think Mike
> > Rapoport is no longer a regular on this list. His last commits seem to
> > indicate that PCIe was working on Harmony as well at the time, so I'm a
> > little confused about what might have happened since then.
>
> PCI-e works on mainline on trimslice, I have verified that myself. It
> has ethernet on pci-e, and both u-boot and the kernel can use it.

I've ordered a Trim-Slice and should have it late next week or beginning of
the week after. I can also try an older version of mainline from around the
time that Mike mainlined the Harmony support. I assume that at the time it
must have worked. Perhaps the issue can be bisected.

Unfortunately I'm rather busy with other things as well, so I won't be able
to work on this fulltime.

Thierry