Re: PCIe MSI support

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 11:57 AM, Thierry Reding
<thierry.reding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering whether anyone had gotten MSI to work with Tegra2? The code
> in arch/arm/mach-tegra/pcie.c has some comments saying that it currently
> isn't supported.
>
> Looking through the Tegra2 TRM didn't show much related to MSI. In particular
> there doesn't seem to be any mention of the AFI controller or any of it's
> registers (except of how to enable/disable the AFI clock or reset the
> controller).
>
> Furthermore I wasn't able to get PCIe to work on Harmony with a mainline
> kernel. Is something missing or am I just doing something wrong?

I think there might be an issue with regulator setup for pci-e, I got
a vague bug report off-list from someone about it but I'm normally not
using devices with pci-e on them myself.

Note that trimslice does enable pci-e, so you can use that for comparison.

> I can make
> it work with the Vibrante kernel, but that doesn't have MSI support either.
> Since we're looking at designing an evaluation board with PCIe support I'm
> very interested in seeing this supported in mainline. If there's anything I
> can do to help, please let me know. Also if anyone can provide more insight
> than the TRM, that would be great.

I have no idea if MSI is supported or not. You are aware of the errata
list for PCI-e on Tegra though, right? You might want to consider the
implications of said problems before you decide to use PCI-e on a
product.

On more MSI details; I suggest you try to get access to internal
information through your Nvidia FAE -- I don't have any more
information on it than you do but if I wanted to find out that is the
route I would take myself.

Regards,

-Olof