Re: [GIT PULL v2 0/3] TrimSlice updates for 2.6.40

Hi Stephen,

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 01:41:56PM -0700, Stephen Warren wrote:
> Mike Rapoport wrote at Monday, May 16, 2011 2:23 PM:
> > Hi Colin,
> > Please consider pulling TrimSlice updates for 2.6.40 merge window.
> > These patches add registration of i2c, audio and USB devices.
>
> Mike, a comment and a question:
>
> First off, your git branch isn't based on tegra's for-next branch, but
> rather something much in the future of it. Hence, the merge brings in a
> bunch of unrelated changes. It is a fast-forward though so it's
> probably fine?

My branch is based on recent Linus' tree. I presume Colin will reabse
his -next on it before sending pull request...

> Second, I tried to test this, but failed. I hit two issues:
>
> 1) USB didn't seem to work for me; the following prints continuously:
>
> [   93.952248] usb 3-1: new high speed USB device number 126 using tegra-ehci
> [   94.022291] hub 3-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 1
>
> This means I can't use the built-in SSD as the root filesystem.
>
> I see this problem irrespective of whether I tell U-Boot to initialize
> USB before booting or not.

Yeah, this is caused by issue with USB1 port reset. Greg already took
the patch that fixes it (1).

> Which branches did you have merged to test this? I did:
>
> * Create a new branch from Tegra's for-next.
> * Merge the branch from your pull request.
> * Merge ASoC for-2.6.40 branch to pick up the audio driver.
> * Cherry-pick a few I2C fixes I've been working on. I don't recall if
> they are necessary for Trimslice or not, but shouldn't hurt.

I'd rather take the ASoC for-2.6.40 and apply the first two patches +
I2C fixes.

> 2) I can boot into a recent ChromeOS filesystem on the SD card, and
> see e.g. the audio driver initialize OK. However, both speaker-test
> and aplay segfault immediately. They work fine on other HW, such as
> Seaboard, with this disk image. I know this used to work on Trimslice
> a few weeks back, so perhaps I'll go and try an older disk image.

I've never tried audio with ChromiumOS. I've tested with Maverick and
aplay didn't complain.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-tegra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg00581.html

--
Sincerely yours,