Re: merging patches from chromeos-2.6.36

On Fri, Dec 03, 2010 at 11:07:47PM -0800, Allen Martin wrote:
> We (the tegra chromeos kernel devs) are going to be sending out some of the tegra patches from chromeos-2.6.36 for review for inclusion in linux-tegra-2.6.36.  The changes basically boil down into two categories:  support for seaboard (the chromeos reference board), and adding clocks and peripheral devices for harmony/ventana/seaboard.
>
> We're rebasing the patches into logical chunks to make them easier to consume and have 2 options:
>
> Option A:
> 1) Add skeleton seaboard support
> 2) Add drivers
> 3) Patch each board to pull in the drivers it needs
>
> Option B:
> 1) Add drivers
> 2) Patch harmony and ventana to pull in the drivers they need
> 3) Add seaboard support with all drivers already in
>
> Do the linux-tegra maintainers have preferences for the two options or other suggestions?

Given that it's more or less the same amount of work, option (A) makes
more sense to me.

It means the basic skeleton patches can go up to for-next before the
full stack of other drivers do since they might have longer lead times
with more cleanup needed.

-Olof