Re: RFC: Fault injection

The other option would be to use (hijack) the SCSI ‘SEND DIAGNOSTIC’ / ‘RECEIVE DIAGNOSTIC RESULTS’ op codes..

Code up a list of useful fault-injection conditions within DIAGNOSTIC OP code.. Pass any metadata as part of the payload - such as block number(s), after x reads/writes, only fault on a block size of x, only error on barcode xyz, fail first n attempts on reading block.

The RECEIVE DIAGNOSTIC could return any conditions already set..

Just a thought.

Cheers
Mark