Re: Online resizing of LUN's

On 06/22/2012 10:10 AM, RedShift wrote:
On 06/22/2012 09:56 AM, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 08:32:16 +0200
RedShift<redshift@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 06/18/2012 03:21 PM, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 15:12:37 +0200 (CEST)
RedShift<redshift@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So the patch in the email posted above should work? Will try that ASAP.

Not sure. Too many changes since then. The following patch can be
applied to the current git head. But not sure if it works.
*snip*

It doesn't work.

I use an LVM logical volume as backing-store to my iSCSI target. I started tgtd, connected my initiator and then proceeded with resizing my logical volume by adding 5 GB. Next, I rescanned the disks from disk management (I'm using Windows as initiator), however, no size changed occured nor does tgtd say so.

I ran tgtd -f -d 1, and it says

# tgtd -d 1 -f
tgtd: setup_inotify(320) inotify ready, 0

But it never mentions "%s changed"

*snip*

Well I found it why it doesn't say %s changed and will never say that, inotify doesn't support block devices. Couldn't we implement a command in tgtadm that notifies tgtd it should re-read the sizes of its backing stores?