Re: VTL tape not working

FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 09:14:42 +0100
Albert Pauw <albert.pauw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

it works now, thanks.

Nice, thanks.

Just one more thing, using tgtimg I can set the size of the tape.
However, there is no limit writing to it. Some backup software actually relies on the tape reaching the end of the tape before trying to get another tape from the library.

Shouldn't the ssc_bs return an EOT at the size previously set with tgtim?

Yeah, we don't use 'the size' set with tgtimg now. I'll put this on my
todo list.
Tomo,

the last commit you did, instead of the patch you send me before (tgtadm patch) it patched
target.c, but it doesn't work for me.

I made the startup initd script verbose (-vx option) and tried to see what is happening when starting up.

Here's the last bit:

+ case $1 in
+ start
+ echo 'Starting target framework daemon'
Starting target framework daemon
+ tgtd
+ RETVAL=0
+ '[' 0 -ne 0 ']'
+ tgtadm --op update --mode sys --name State -v offline
+ tgt-admin -e -c /etc/tgt/targets.conf
tgtadm: tgtd closed the socket
tgtadm: can't get the response, Connection reset by peer
Command:
tgtadm --lld iscsi --op update --mode logicalunit --tid 1 --lun=1 --params removable="1"
exited with code: 104.
+ tgtadm --op update --mode sys --name State -v ready
tgtadm: can't send the request to the tgt daemon, Transport endpoint is not connected.

One tgtd process is killed, the other hangs for ever, until I kill it with -9.

When I reversed your last commit (force ssc to use bs_ssc) and inserted your previous patch it works fine again.

Albert