Re: [RFC] staging/vSMP: new driver

On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 11:18:15AM +0000, Czerwacki, Eial wrote:
> Greetings Greg,

No, that is not how drivers have worked since the 2.4 kernel days (i.e.
20 years ago?)  It is fine for your driver to be loaded even if there is
no device present.

But, your driver will NOT be loaded automatically unless a device is
found, so why would it be present in that situation?

thanks,

greg k-h

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Driver Development]     [Linux Driver Backports]     [DMA Engine]     [Linux GPIO]     [Linux SPI]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Coverity]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Yosemite Backpacking]