Re: spi: imx: Increase imx51 ecspi burst length fails on imx6dl and imx8mm

On 18.11.23 16:13, Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis) wrote:
> [CCing people that worked on the relevant commits as well as the
> regression list, as it should be in the loop for regressions:
> https://docs.kernel.org/admin-guide/reporting-regressions.html]

Sorry for the spam, hit "send" before actually adding Stefan and Mark,
which now are among the recipients.

> On 18.11.23 15:25, linux@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> After upgrade from kernel 6.5.11 to 6.6.1 the spi-devices on my hw
>> colibri-imx6dl and verdin-imx8mm are not working anymore (TPM2 and SPI-SRAM).
>>
>> Analyzing the problem showed that the 2 commits introduced the problem:
>>
>> spi: Increase imx51 ecspi burst length based on transfer length
>> 15a6af94a2779d5dfb42ee4bfac858ea8e964a3f
>>
>> spi: imx: Take in account bits per word instead of assuming 8-bits
>> 5f66db08cbd3ca471c66bacb0282902c79db9274
>>
>> Reverting the commits solved the problem.
>>
>> The analyse with the logic-analyser showed a wrong number of transmitted
>> bytes and wrong data.
>> When I try to send 127 Byte with a incrementing pattern (0x01,0x02,0x03,..),
>> 504 Bytes are sent (0x00,0x00,0x01 0x00,0x00,0x00,0x02, 0x00,0x00,0x00,0x03).
>> We tested with different sizes and patterns, all are not ok.
>> While analysing the configuration and code I was not able to see any obvious
>> mistake.
>>
>> Has someone else discovered such misbehaviour or has any idea what is wrong?
>> Best Regards
>
> Thx for the report!
>
> [TLDR: I'm adding this report to the list of tracked Linux kernel
> regressions; the text you find below is based on a few templates
> paragraphs you might have encountered already in similar form.
> See link in footer if these mails annoy you.]
>
> To ensure the issue doesn't fall through the cracks unnoticed, I'm
> adding it to regzbot, the Linux kernel regression tracking bot:
>
> #regzbot ^introduced 15a6af94a27
> #regzbot title spi: spi-devices on colibri-imx6dl and verdin-imx8mm are
> not working anymore
> #regzbot ignore-activity
>
> This isn't a regression? This issue or a fix for it are already
> discussed somewhere else? It was fixed already? You want to clarify when
> the regression started to happen? Or point out I got the title or
> something else totally wrong? Then just reply and tell me -- ideally
> while also telling regzbot about it, as explained by the page listed in
> the footer of this mail.
>
> Developers: When fixing the issue, remember to add 'Link:' tags pointing
> to the report (the parent of this mail). See page linked in footer for
> details.
>
> Ciao, Thorsten (wearing his 'the Linux kernel's regression tracker' hat)
> --
> Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
> https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
> That page also explains what to do if mails like this annoy you.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]