Re: speakup crashing

I have not seen it and I don't run espeakup on a virtual machine as
you predict. You may want to ask Ty and Chris directly on the mumble
server though. at mumble.the-brannons.com:6473.

  Kirk

On Wed, 11 Sep 2024, Frank Carmickle wrote:

Hi Kirk,

On Sep 10, 2024, at 16:59, Kirk Reiser <kirk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Frank: My issue has been that espeakup doesn't start on boot and
hasn't for the last couple of years. Just in the past few days Chris
and Tyler have been helping me and I think we have a work around which
I've been testing for a couple days now. It looks pretty consistant so
far.

Interesting. I have not had this issue. The systemd unit, that has shipped with Debian versions, for years now, has worked for me.

From what you are saying you have not seen the issue that I am having. I take it you are not running espeakup on a virtual machine?

Best,
--FC

 Kirk