howto run speakup/orca concurrently in ubuntu 22.04 or 24.04

Hi,

	I'm new to this list. So, please bear with me...

	I have run Debian cli-only with speakup for years... no problem

	I recently acquired a Thinkpad laptop with Windows 11 installed. I shrunk the Windows partition and installed Ubuntu 22.04 (why ubuntu? because Lenovo claimed that Ubuntu 22.04 is "Certified" on this device). After initial setup, I installed espeakup, expecting that speakup would come up talking on the next reboot... Not so!

	So, my question:

	Has anyone had success in installing/running espeakup/speakup onUbuntu 22.04?

	I have tried with the gui/orca running and notrunning... same result: speakup does not talk.

	I'd be happy to run cli-only if speakup would run fromboot time.

	Ideally though, if it is possible to run cli/speakup and gui/orca concurrently, that would be great!

	All suggestions are welcome.

	TIA,

	--terry

--