Re: gentoo dracut puzzle

Earlier today I wiped debian off the system and tried booting into gentoo
directly.  Result, total silence.  It was as if no disk had been booted at
all.  Should I have run grub-install before doing that or did the dracut
process take care of that detail earlier for me?  It turns out
/dev/softsynth was created by this morning.  End result, the only
operating system now on this computer is Fedora 38 mate and it took most
of a day to clean the computer to get this installed.  Score one more for
gentoo.

--
 Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com>
 soap, ballot, jury, and ammo.