Re: gentoo dracut puzzle

Having added ACCEPT-LICENsE="@EULA" to /etc/portage/make.conf
the emerge linux-firmware started and probably failed again.
emerge assumes I have no boot partition so needs kerneldir variable
defined and I'm not even sure that's the correct variable name since so
much errors came up on the screen I couldn't read that character by
character.
Undefined license group also came up.
/dev/sda1 is bootable discoverable and formatted with mkfs.vfat -F 32 and
the only time I found mention of kerneldir variable was when trying to
install firmware and intel-microcode packages but not in the handbook.
Much more problems like this and I'm likely to run wipefs -af /dev/sda
and after that, I'm not sure I'll ever try a gentoo installation ever
again.

--
 Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com>
 soap, ballot, jury, and ammo.