Re: 8-bit Chaos

Are you running under screen? That sounds like UTF-8 being sent to something that doesn't understand it. Take everything out of the stack except for the shell. Paste the output of locale. Also make sure you've got the UTF-8 locales generated (though things will complain if you don't, and your distro should do that).

How did you install espeakup?