thinking about gentoo install

Burning gentoo onto a flash drive probably burns the image with all
permissions intact.
If those permissions are read-only and if the installer does not change
any of those permissions it will be impossible to edit anything and have
the edits saved.
This may explain why espeakup cannot be started after booting the
installer.  If that is the case, the accessibility project in order to
promote screen reader accessibility use in gentoo will need to do a little
more writing which will expand the espeakup start up process after boot.
If I could run slint and actually reach into gentoo on a hard drive in its
own mount point I might be able to inspect file permissions for files in
gentoo and if I had chroot access into gentoo change the necessary file
permissions so once edits got done those edits would stick.
Many years ago a process for doing this was put up on the speakup mailing
list and I didn't need it at the time so deleted it on this end.  I
remember it involved using loop in some way.

--
 Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com>
 soap, ballot, jury, and ammo.